Host Your Event At Renewal
If you would like to use the church facility to host your event, fill out this form to get the process started. Please complete this form far in advance of the requested date as possible to confirm your reservation.
Depending on the timing of the event and what is required for staffing, there is often a small rental fee to help cover costs. There is also a damage/cleaning deposit of $250 that will be returned after the event if all required conditions are met.
Contact the church office for details.
Financial Assistance Request
Renewal MB Church believes in the radical, transforming power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are all sinners in need of a Savior and we all have fallen short of the glory of God. We recognize that sin impacts each of us differently but also that no one is beyond the redemptive work of the Holy Spirit.
The root causes of poverty are complex with many factors impacting it. Handouts do not and cannot make a life-long impact and often steal the dignity of those we care about. At Renewal, we seek to help people in a way that maintains dignity while addressing the root causes of poverty instead of just the symptoms. We believe that true poverty alleviation cannot exist outside of discipleship in a local church body. Therefore, at Renewal we are eager to help people struggling but we do so with a structure that gets to the heart of the problem. When providing “help”, it is vital to define what true help is.
The purpose of the assistance fund is to provide financial aid to an individual(s) who is in need on an urgent basis. The assistance fund may not be applicable for cases that need long-term financial support. The church has the right to adjust or to disapprove an applicant’s request and may consider providing assistance other than monetary help.
Applicants are not granted financial assistance based on relationships between church leaders or being a significant church contributor. The church does not discriminate between applicants based upon race, color, sex, national origin, age, geographic territory, or disability. The Elders may provide short-term (or emergency) assistance to ensure that an applicant has the basic necessities such as food, housing, transportation, and medical assistance including counseling.
The method of providing assistance is by paying for the applicant’s need directly to the business provider. Assistance may also be provided in the form of goods or services. The type of aid that is appropriate depends on the individual’s needs and available resources.
- You have to be actively involved in Gatherings at Renewal for at least three months. If you are not participating, you will not be eligible.
- We do not give items away for free. We will provide some way to work alongside church staff to earn the items requested.
- Need must be related to a short-term financial crisis (medical emergency, accidents, loss of job, etc.)
- Participate in counseling (financial, relational, etc.) as deemed necessary by the Elders.
- Legal fees related to family disputes.
- Long-term and repetitive expenses.
- Complete and submit the Assistance Request Form.
- An Elder will contact an applicant regarding the request.
- The Elder will submit the form to the Elder’s meeting for approval (note: typically, this will happen during the monthly meeting but can happen via email if it is an emergency).
- The Elders will approve or deny the request, or ask for additional information.
- If approved, the check will be distributed to the necessary recipient. We will never give out cash.
- An Elder will follow up with the recipient and give an update at the next Elder’s meeting.
At the discretion of the Elders, you may be requested (if married, both husband and wife) to provide documentation regarding your income, personal bank accounts, and expenses.